This webinar will address the following topics:
By José Cordero Ampuero | Spain | 5 min
- Patient Expectations and ‘Non-Hip’ Origin of the Pain
By Theofilos Karachalios | Greece | 10 min
- Occult Loosening, Implant Elasticity and Micro-Instability
By Philippe Hernigou | France | 10 min
- The ‘Painful’ Material: Wear, ARMD, Allergy
By Alister Hart | United Kingdom | 10 min
- When it Comes From Anatomy:
LLD, Impingement, Offset, Abductors, Great Troc
By José Cordero Ampuero | Spain | 10 min
- Discussion, Questions & Answers
All participants and faculty| 15 min
A patient operated on his/her hip complains of pain and/or is unsatisfied. You have discarded infection. What more?
- Objectivize clinical situation: pain intensity, functional limitations, level of activity.
- Other areas are cause of local pain: lumbar spine, abdominal hernias, genitourinary pathology.
- Suspect: loosening without radiolucent lines or migration, too thick / rigid stems, subluxation in extreme positions.
- Discard: poly wear, pseudotumors, particle disease, trunnionosis, ceramic fracture, ALVAL, allergies to metals.
- Reconsider: lower limb discrepancy, inadequate offset, insufficient abductors, tightened adductors, localized trochanteritis and impingement in flex-internal rotation.
- This Webinar is organized by the EFORT Orthopaedic Education Group, independent of any commercial education support.
Webinar information & online registration: http://efortnet.conference2web.com/webinars
More information: https://www.efort.org/elearning/
Do not miss this opportunity & register online free-of-charge now!