This webinar will address the following topics:
By Enrique Gómez Barrena | Spain | 4 min
- Location of Knee Pain: Intra/Extraarticular or Referred Pain, Extensor Mechanism
By Roland Becker | Germany | 9 min
- Component Related Issues: Position, Rotation, Sizing
By Nanne Kort | The Netherlands | 9 min
- Soft Tissue Related Issues: Instability, Arthrofibrosis, Impingement & Insertions
By Michael Hirschmann | Switzerland | 9 min
- Material Related Issues:
Material Failure, Loosening and Osteolysis, Metallosis, Allergy
By Enrique Gómez Barrena | Spain | 9 min
- Discussion, Questions & Answers
All participants & faculty | 20 min
Patients with knee arthroplasty may complain of pain and/or may be unhappy. There are no infection signs or suspicion. What needs to be considered? How to manage these knees?
- Clarify the clinical situation: diagnosis of the painful knee arthroplasty, general management of some problems.
- Consider the location: intra or extraarticular source of pain, local or referred pain, extensor mechanism or other regions may also cause knee pain.
- Component positioning, over- and under sizing, eventual conflicts such as malposition, malrotation or impingement should be investigated.
- Soft tissues may be the origin of pain, management may vary with diagnosis: instability, stiffness, tendinosis, iliotibial tract.
- Material and fixation problems are frequent pain causes: consider loosening, debonding, osteolysis, metal allergy, metallosis, material failure.
This Webinar is organized by the EFORT Orthopaedic Education Group, independent of any commercial education support.
Webinar information & online registration: http://efortnet.conference2web.com/webinars
More information: https://www.efort.org/elearning/
Do not miss this opportunity & register online free-of-charge now!
EFORT uses m-anage.com Conference Desktop provided by JMarquardt Technologies (JMT) for webinar management including online registration and/or login access to REPLAYs.
Therefore while registering online or logging in to your account, you will be redirected to id.m-anage.com. When logging in / registering via m-anage.com for the first time, you will receive an email from JMT requesting to confirm your registration.
After confirming your registration, you will be redirected to EFORT eScience automatically and you can then register for the webinar.
Please note that existing users may also be asked to change password to be GDPR compliant.